What You Need To Know
To Register For The Michigan State Exam
How Do I Register For The State Exam?
1. Required reading from the State of Michigan - Licensing Examination Candidate Information Bulletin
2. Go to home.psiexams.com and click on "Schedule An Exam". Under "Select Organization", choose "MI Insurance" and then choose the exam you wish to take (list of options below). At this point, you need to create an account. You will enter your personal information, INCLUDING the "School/Provider" and corresponding course numbers listed below. NO PAPER CERTIFICATES OF COURSE COMPLETION ARE ISSUED. YOUR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF YOUR COURSE WITH US IS ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED TO THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. Pay the $41.00 exam fee, and then select whether you will take the exam remotely or at one of PSI's locations. NOTE: While the remote option may be tempting, we have had MANY students express how difficult it was to comply with the technology requirements of remote testing. Internet connection dropping and the stress of being monitored by a remote proctor may not be conducive to test completion. We strongly recommend opting for the in-person examination process. If you need assistance with the exam registration process, you may call PSI Exams directly at 1-855-579-4639.
PSI will give you a Confirmation Number. Save this for your records.
3. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR STATE EXAM FOR A DATE EARLIER THAN THE COMPLETION DATE OF YOUR FINAL EXAM(S) IN YOUR SPECIFIC COURSE WITH US.
4. Go to www.NIPR.com and click on "Apply for License". Choose "Resident Licensing", "Michigan" and then "Apply Here". You are applying as an Individual and will need to enter your last name and social security number to do a search for any other licenses you may have. Then follow the step-by-step instructions. You will need to enter your employment history for the last 5 years, and there cannot be any gaps in the dates, so if you were unemployed for 2 months, list that with the appropriate dates. At the end, you will pay the State of Michigan $10 for your license and a $5.60 fee to register for your producer license with NIPR.
5. Print your receipt at the time you submit the application.
6. Click to review the exam content outlines.
7. Want to see what your exam experience with PSI will look like? Here is a quick tutorial! https://candidate.psiexams.com/tutorial.jsp
What Do I Bring to the Exam Site?
Bring the Following to the Exam Site:
1. A valid, government-Issued photo identification card (driver's license or passport) and one other piece of identification (i.e. credit card, social security card, birth certificate).
2. You will not receive a certificate of course completion, as this information is submitted electronically by us upon successfully completing the final exams.